BRITISH VS AMERICAN ENGLISH
TEST YOUR KNOWLEDGE ABOUT BRITISH OR AMERICAN WORDS
American to British English Vocabulary Quiz
Replace the American English word in italics with a British English word.
- I'd like to hang the drapes tonight. Do you have time?
- We took the elevator to the 10th floor.
- Would you like to see a movie tonight?
- Have you seen Tim's new apartment yet? It's very nice.
- Run down to the drug store and buy some aspirin, please.
- Let's go to the bar and get a drink.
- I'll take the garbage out before I leave tomorrow morning.
- Take the second exit at the traffic circle.
- Let's get have some potato chips with lunch.
- Could you hand me the flashlight so I can take a look in the closet?
- Peter wore a pair of slim fitting pants to the party.
- She opened the tap and watered the garden.
- Have you ever worn a vest with a suit?
- I'll pick up the mail on the way home from work.
TAKE THE FOLLOWING GAME!
British and American English, an interactive worksheet by mada_1
British English Vs American English: 24 Differences Illustrated
Despite how much the USA and UK have in common, there are enough differences between their two versions of the English language that someone may not always understand exactly what someone from the ...
Pour être informé des derniers articles, inscrivez vous :