KEY QUESTION: How can your online life impact your real life?
PRACTISE PHONETICS HERE:
A REPUTATION SHATTERED
KEY QUESTION: Has public shaming returned?
METHOD and TRAINING
The revolution will be hashtagged
HOMEWORK: A force for good
KEY QUESTION: How can you use social media to make your voice heard?
MISSION 1: Dive into the article The Revolution will be hashtagged, by Laura Fay and explain how social media has “revolutionized citizens’ participation” in society.
READ THE TEXT
- Focus on these teenagers’ emotions when they use social media. What problems does it reveal?
- Explain what “the second world” is.
- Are there benefits to being on social media?
- Are there disadvantages to being on social media?
DRAW A CONCLUSION
- What are the similarities and differences between the characters in the two documents? (Cartoon + text)
- Do you see yourself in these characters?
IS THE FUTURE NOW ?
MISSION 1: Look at the comic book cover and the photo
- What rating system do the stars remind you of?
- Focus on the woman’s face and explain how she is feeling?
- Watch the featurette and explain what you have understood.
The Chinese Social Credit System