Test your knowlege in the following exercise.
– He was anxious to preserve his reputation.
– You’re a very naughty boy! Look what you’ve done!
– He was too stubborn to admit that he was wrong.
– She is very sensitive to other people’s feelings.
– She seemed intelligent and well educated.
– He’s a nice guy when he’s sober.
– He got quite emotional during the speech.
– He was bad-tempered and graceless in defeat.
– I get very nervous before a big race.
– He was hyper-critical and mean.
– The chairman was distracted between different opinions.
– The dishonest manager defrauded the company of millions of pounds.
– He is so rude that nobody can bear him.
– He is very discreet in giving his opinions.
– He’s crazy to drive his car so fast.
– He is cheeky to his teacher.
– Josephine was bright, lively and cheerful.
– He seemed a dynamic and energetic leader.
– I’ve got more untidy since I stopped going out to work.
– Don’t be so pessimistic.
– I’m very optimistic about our chances of success.
– She thought him an unpleasant man.
– She’s either really talkative and you can’t shut her up or else she’s silent.
– She’s so calm, nothing seems to faze her.
– I’m a passionate believer in public art.
– He is too proud to see his own mistake.
– He was sincere in his wish to help us.
– He felt too lazy to get out of bed.
– He is an outgoing and lively person.
– She was always so funny and entertaining.
– Stop being so silly and immature, Ben!
– He was too shy to ask her to dance with him.
– He was determined to retrieve his honor.
– He’s a versatile actor who has played a wide variety of parts.
– I’m not in a sociable mood.
– You look worried. What’s the matter?
– She’s a very kind and thoughtful person.
– He’s very humble about his success.
– He is friendly to us all.
– He was very frank about his relationship with the actress.
– We’re absolutely obedient to the superior.
– I believe my sister to be honest.
– The boy seems completely fearless.
– She was really unfriendly to me.
– They are generous although they are poor.
– My father was a deeply compassionate man.
– She’s a good warm-hearted woman.
– I was very disobedient towards my father.
– He was quite straightforward with us about the difficulties involved.
– He is not only arrogant but also selfish.
– She’s very hard-working but not very imaginative.
– There was a worried look on her normally placid face.
– Why are you so jealous of his success?
– She was unfailingly courteous and helpful.
– He is enthusiastic about pop music.
– She can be very persistent when she wants something.
– If you are sensible you will study for another year.
– He was too upset to be rational.
– Helen was diffident and reserved.
– She has now changed into a happy, self-confident woman.
– She’s terribly bossy and nobody likes her much.
– She’s a plucky lady.
– The doctor is very patient with his patients.
– He is impatient with those who decry the scheme.
– He was an easygoing man of very moderate views.
– He was very careless in his work, so he really deserved to get the gate.
– Vicky cooks really well but she’s rather messy.
– He was too honest and hard-working.
– He is a very creative musician.
– I like to think I’m broad-minded.
– He was faithful to his promise wife.
– She has such a kind, friendly personality.
– We all honour courageous people.
– He’d always been such a loyal friend to us all.
– He is a very modest person.
– I’m a tidy person.
– She sounded more confident than she felt.
– She was very attentive to her guests.
– A friend is a loving companion at all times.
– I will warrant him an honest and reliable fellow.
– I wonder who is scared to lose me.
– We are generally very conscientious about our work.
– He is good-tempered, he gets along with everyone.
– He was careful to keep out of sight.
– He’s very gentle with his kids.
– She was small and neat of person.
– He was a dynamic personality in the business world.
– She is one of the most fair-minded people I know.
– He was not an impartial witness because of his affinity with the accused.
– He was strongly supportive of my career.
– Lucy is a rather timid child.
– He was an intellectual, scholarly man.
– She was very brave to learn to ski at fifty.
– She is an ambitious career woman.
– I’m afraid I wasn’t very polite to her.
– You don’t look very happy today.
– She has a romantic nature.
– You must be more diplomatic in handling the situation.
– The hotel staff are friendly and courteous.
– She had not intended to be humorous.
– Are you a self-disciplined person?
– Mary is popular among the students.
– Mark is a smart and sophisticated young man.
– I don’t want to get serious yet.
– I don’t like her because she is a hypocritical person.
– Andy isn’t a very adventurous cook.